VP44 Injector Pump (24 Month Warranty) - 00-02 Cummins 245 HP 6 speed Manual - 17XVP442YR
We pride ourselves in offering the best quality VP44 with the longest warranty in the industry! These pumps are manufactured by an OEM certified remanufacturer that utilizes up to date and calibrated test stands to produce a high quality VP44 for an affordable price. Each pump has all the necessary OEM updates and is calibrated to the most current specifications, which means this is a quality product with a TWO YEAR UNLIMITED MILEAGE warranty for your piece of mind.
|We call this pump a 15xwhich Fits:
1998.5-2002 Dodge Ram Cummins Auto/5 speed Transmission
|We call this pump a 17x which Fits:
2000-2002 Dodge Ram Cummins 6 speed Transmission
Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) that mean your VP44 needs replaced:
P0216 (often referred to as the code of death and most common code for VP44 pump failure)
P0251 - P0260
- Contact Thoroughbred Diesel to discuss the issue with your pump.
- The Warranty of the VP44 pump is controlled by the Manufacturer of the VP44, not Thoroughbred Diesel. The Manufacturer makes all decisions about the warranty of this pump.
- Thoroughbred Diesel is here to assist the customer in obtaining the proper RMA# from the manufacturer to start the Warranty Process.
- Thoroughbred Diesel nor the VP44 Manufacturer will not reimburse labor or installation fees under any circumstance
- Reasons your pump will NOT be covered by warranty:
o Improper installation - (Ex. Smashed keyway, cracked housing, etc)
o Fuel Contamination
o Improperly tapped PSG Wire
- Thoroughbred Diesel will oversee the warranty process and be in contact with the customer. Any findings deemed to be manufacturer defects will be covered under warranty and returned to the customer in a timely manner
If you are placing performance parts on your truck it is highly recommended that you use a performance lift pump such as the Airdog fuel system or Fass Fuel Systems. An Airdog or Fass Fuel System will supply the Injection pump with the fuel pressure that is need no matter what performance upgrades you have on your truck. We also offer several different gauge options from Autometer and Isspro to monitor your fuel pressure so you know when your lift pump is going out and can fix the problem before you lose your Injection Pump. The cheapest way to monitor your fuel pressure would be BD's early warning light. Preventing problems before they occur is the best way to take care of your truck.
The fuel injection pump (VP44) is an electronic rotary distributor pump. The pump performs four basic functions:
- Producing the high fuel pressure required for injection
- Metering the exact amount of fuel for each injection cycle
- Distributing the high-pressure, metered fuel to each cylinder at the precise time
- Varying the timing relative to engine speed.
*Performance chip & add on disclaimer - Tampering with the pumps wires can cause premature pump failure. If the wires are cut the pump is no longer warrantable, and any repairs that need to be made to the injection pump will be the buyers responsibility. In the VP44 pump the fuel is used to cool and lubricate the pump, and the tolerances between the head and the rotor is very fine. Performance chip add on's affect the cooling rate of the pump. The pump will become hotter due to excessive RPM's from the chips programming. When the throttle is backed off the fuel to the pump is reduced, and the pumps cooling capabilities are greatly reduced. Since the pump is hotter from the increased RPM's the rotor seizes in the head and the pump fails. An alternative to cutting into the pumps wires is to use a chip that plugs directly into the trucks ECM. This approach will allow for an increase in HP while not excessively heating the fuel pump.